Discuss Water softeners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RolandK

Hi,
I want to instal a water softener to serve the whole house but want to clear up something please. I have a conventional vented sytem and understand that the softener will soften the incoming water so the stoarge tank will hold the softened water and supply it to the hot water system and the bath cold tap. Everything else in the house is mains fed for cold water, like toilets, washing machine, dishwasher etc. As well as sink taps of course. I know I need to leave the kitchen sink and garden mains water unsoftened but will the throughput of the softener be ok to feed the other existing mains fed items or will these now need to be fed from the storage tank?

Thanks,
Roland

As said you feed everything through the softener unit ,mains supplied taps and tanks apart from kitchen sink tap for drinking water and out side tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water softeners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock