Discuss Water Softeners & unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heatman

hi , are there any problems using Water Softeners with unvented cylinders?

dont know about the regs, sorry.
however you normally installl water softeners on the inlet to house on the cold inlet.
any decent cylinder will have sacrificial anodes, that rot away and are replaced annually in the service which in turn looks after the cylinder

shaun

Err! A bit grey this area. The problem is, some water heater manufacturers whose products have a high aluminium content in the heat exchanger, don't guarantee their products if a water softener is fitted.

The question has been asked of course "What about those water companies who part soften their water before it even comes into the house. Apparently the drill is to get onto the cylinder maker and ask them.

Hope this is of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Softeners & unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Is there a definitive answer to this? We have a stainless steel everflo unvented cylinder hooked up to a Worcester Bosch boiler, and are thinking...
Replies
Views
P
Hi my daughters Ariston Cylinder has started to leak around the Emersion heater. She has never used the emersion heater so I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow...
Replies
Views
Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the...
Replies
Views
Back