Search the forum,

Discuss Water softener on megaflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassman

Gas Engineer
The system has 3 showers, kitchen and cloakroom. Question is can most water softeners cope with demand if most were running at once? Also are some softeners more up to the job of this demand?
Most say the timer models are not the best but twin coil units are the best?

Are you talking about the block or granule salt type?

Depends on your flow rate.

ive used harveys which are 55lpm

most hover around the 40 to 52 mark

What type is installed?

There isn't one at the moment but customer want a quote on one fitted to his system.
It must run at 40 lpm approx everything going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water softener on megaflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler. All good, was working fine. Recently our old Potterton Suprima conventional boiler packed up and we decided to change to a Vaillant EcoTec COMBI...
Replies
Views
Is there a definitive answer to this? We have a stainless steel everflo unvented cylinder hooked up to a Worcester Bosch boiler, and are thinking of getting a water softener as were in quite a hard water area. I've looked around, but can't seem to find a clear answer as to whether a water...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder 25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
Hi People, So, I'm looking to fit a new Monarch Midi HE water softener, upstairs bathroom suite, downstairs WC suite and probably replace the existing Telford 900x450 indirect grade 3 water cylinder, like for like. I'm doing this for my girlfriend, who has recently had a new Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock