Search the forum,

Discuss Water Softener Maintenance in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We inherited a water softener in our new house and I have no idea what shape it's in and if it requires maintenance.
We have some light water stains around the faucets, but nothing major so far (I grew up with hard water so I know how things can look like).
My main concern is that there appears to be some buildup on the overflow and I'm wondering if the crystals need to be refilled. It looks like there's some left in there, but I don't know the proper filling state.

I'm unable to find a manual for our softener (Pura-Tech 93 PT), but I took a few pictures, which I hope are helpful.

I'm eternally grateful for hints and recommendations.

Looks to be a fairly standard salt/resin water softener.
The leak with all the salt residues round it needs sorting and the connector needs some sort of hose on it to take it to a safe discharge position .
Look for water softener salt to refill it normally about 3/4 full.
Could also maybe need a resin cleaner through it just look online for water softener resin cleaner.

Reply to Water Softener Maintenance in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock