Discuss water safety regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hoping you lads can answer me a couple of questions or point me in the right direction to perhaps an advisory/safety body that can.
Q1. my daughter bought a new home in dec 2010, Would i be correct in assuming that there was a reg in force at that time restricting the hot water temp to the bath of 48degrees c. I believe that there is now but was it in force then.
Q2. each morning she has to run the cold tap in the bathroom to run off the warm water that ensues. ,,My concern here is regarding the possible hazard of legionella, or perhaps i am over reacting, what do you think.

Thanks lame plumber for your reply. i will update you on the history by saying the plumbing firm/builders? are an absolute joke, dont have a clue what they are doing. daughters had them back many times all to no avail, hence ive had to step in to try and get her problems sorted. obvious that the cold(probably unlagged) pipe is picking up heat from a c/h pipe, but its not a nice thought having all your floor boards and decor ruined. just for the record i am a time served gas fitter without any plumbing experience. Just in case we dont get any satisfaction from them when they revisit her again i was hoping for back-up from a regulatory body hence my previous post for a point in that direction

Thanks lame plumber for your reply. i will update you on the history by saying the plumbing firm/builders? are an absolute joke, dont have a clue what they are doing.

Pretty par for the course these days on new build. They pay peanuts so get monkeys. You do get a few guys who know what their doing but at the rates they are paying they couldn't care less.

Look up part G of the building regs. You can download it for free.

is the builder part of the N H B C ? or any other body's

NHBC will always side with the builder unless it is a serious muck up usually structural. It is the builders who pay them so they don't bite the hand that feeds them.

So the main problem is the cold water warm before getting cold what type of system has she in there , dose the pipe still get worm when boiler is of , do you know if plastic pipe work is in the house , have they said how long fix will take? Just let them get on with the fix builder will pay for for all making good then the plumber how done the job will pay

Probley plumbers had not put the finishing touched / watting for materials ect no nothing site agent gives it the ok to close the plot up ( agent given the go ahead poor old plumbers gets it again )

Appreciate the replies guys. theres an article in gas installer (april?) which clearly states the G3 regs as they are at april 2010. what they go on to say is that there is a new additional requirement which says that the max water temp supplied to a bath should be no more than 48deg c. my problem is not knowing when this additional requirement was added. ie, was it in force at dec 2010?
Dont know about NHBC membership.
Problem of warm water from cold tap only exists when boiler is/has been on. Visible piping at sealed system cylinder is cu, plastic piping at rad conns. Unsure whats under the boards.
To summarise the situation if the same dissatisfaction occured in the gas industry one would consult Gas Safe. what options are available to me if they try to fob us off with excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water safety regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock