Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Water Regulations Training in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ProffesorPlumb

ProffesorPlumb Guest

Chase Plumbing Academy are pleased to announce that they are now and accredited BPEC Assessment Centre.

We now run 1 day Water Regulations Training for Plumbers old & new.

(Link removed this is an old thread)

It is not a difficult course and all plumbers should be trained in this to ensure they are not breaking the law on installations :)

No plumbing qualifications are necessary :)

Please get in touch for curriculum content and learning criteria

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Tosh

Tosh Guest

Just found out that I need the water regs and Unvented systems training. Who and where are Chase plumbing academy? Where can I get more info on them? Do they have a website?

Is the BPEC enough or should it be a C & G test center? what is qualification needed to be a legal plumber and big question how much does it cost?

Many Thanks

Tosh

sorry just noticed link. Been on it and got info thanks.

Do you know about an unvented course as well?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  3. ProffesorPlumb

ProffesorPlumb Guest

Any questions you have about your training, then please ask here :)

4. Agile

Agile Agile Services

My Water Regs course was with Thames Water.

That was for THREE days and intended for people with considerable experience.

How can this course deal with people with NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE in only ONE day?

Tony

5. ProffesorPlumb

ProffesorPlumb Guest

Through the way the distant learning package works. A minimum of 3 weeks prior learning with this package followed by a 1 day revision & assessment day.

Easy :)

6. Paultheplumber

Paultheplumber Guest

I think the reason you can get away with the 1 day course is that its mostly open book and shows you can reference thing you are unsure of you wont actually retain most of the information it doesnt seem right but all they care about is that you can find the answers if you are unsure of anything.

7. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Guest

Hi anybody got any comments on the home learning study detail, Ive started reading through it & its pretty heavy going.
    I dont mind reading it all word for word but if its not really required then why ?
    Any comments on who has taken the 1 day BPEC assessment please thanks.

8. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Guest

I did the Bpec water regs earlier this year, the book is a nightmare, we all were moaning about it. One of our group suggested that you read the summary first, this gives you a rough idea of what the chapter is about.

Then read the chapter, do the questions and then re-read the summary. We all took this on board and out of (I think) 25 only 2 failed.

The questions are all referenced by page and chapter etc. so not as bad as you would think.:)

Hope this helps

9. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Guest

Thanks for the feedback, how deep where the multiple choice questions because as you have said the book is a nightmare.
    Should be ok with the open book stuff.
    I read it once & made reference by going back over stuff but cannot take it all in during one read.
    What was the video test like ?
    Again thanks & look forward to any more comments you have.
    :confused:

10. bcharalambous

bcharalambous Guest

does everyone get the same questions on the papr test??????

11. applicator1

applicator1 Guest

Hi, I have completed the 6129 Level 2 practical and I only need to go back to college for half of the theory. Am I experience enough to do the Water Regs Certificate? Or even the Unvented Certificate. I am trying to aim at Renewable Energies!

12. Jamie Banks

Jamie Banks Guest

Done my BPEC water regs earlier this year and just a quick question how long does it last before it is advisable to retest or recap. Do you need to do it all again sometime?

13. Robtheplumb

Robtheplumb Guest

What are the benifits of doing the water regs course? I can see there are benifits to your Knollage doing the course but are there any other benefits???

14. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

its good to be covered, as its one less excuse that insurance co's can use to avoid payment in event of a claim.

'we would ordinarily pay but this alleged plumber hadn't completed a basic area of training' etc etc

i'm glad i've got mine.

jamie...as far as i know its 5 yrs then re-do

KJ

15. helpsy

helpsy Plumber

Hi applicator1
    I did the bpec unvented course, I read the folder in a few hours and did the 1 day course and passed.That is probably the easiest part, but in the real world it may prove for you to be a little different outside the classroom.
    Good Luck