Discuss Water not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an issue with a gravity fed system.
We changed the bath taps yesterday, drained the system as the gate valve was seized , renewed the gate valve feeding the cylinder, water comes out the taps at good pressure but does not get hot. We turned the immersion on and this heats up the water.
Could this be a fault with the zone valve or control panel? Or something else? I will be double checking everything today but cant remember if i turned the stop tap off that feeds the f&e tank.
Also the heating does work.

Much appreciated,
Thanks.

Did you drain the water from the cylinder coil as well as the cylinder itself??.
Also just look into your F&E tank and check water level.

Is your system Y plan with (one) mid position valve or S plan with a number of 2 port valves?.
Is your system Y plan with (one) mid position valve or S plan with a number of 2 port valves?.
Hi john its a Y plan with one 3 position valve. F&e tank is also full. Iv manually moved the diverter valve an it went back in to position and coil pipes seem to be heating up now. So just waiting to see if hot water is going to come out the taps.

Unlikely, but check cylinder stat setting in case it was inadvertently set to "0C", also you should hear the contacts opening/closing when you change the setting above/below the actual cylinder temperature.

Unlikely, but check cylinder stat setting in case it was inadvertently set to "0C", also you should hear the contacts opening/closing when you change the setting above/below the actual cylinder temperature.
All seems to be working fine now. I think the tenant had been trying to fix the issue as he said he turned some valves. And found 1 gate valve nearly fully closed. Opened fully and seemed to have done the trick. He only mentioned it after.
Thanks for you advice. Much appreciated!

Which valve as it might need to stay 3/4 closed if it’s a bypass

That would be the balancing valve should be 1/2 shut

Reply to Water not getting hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get some advise, basically new vaillant regular boiler has been fitted approx 5 yrs ago, i believe it was back boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back