Discuss Water leak outside property in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Buggar I am always doing that.

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 16
Just another matter. The pipe coming from the garage is shall we say marked/scored so I doubt a normal 20mm MDPE would seal well enough. What I am therefore thinking of is a 20mm brass
compression fitting, do they exist?

Just another matter. The pipe coming from the garage is shall we say marked/scored so I doubt a normal 20mm MDPE would seal well enough. What I am therefore thinking of is a 20mm brass
compression fitting, do they exist?

They do peglar make them but I would cut back to a non damaged part

I’ve seen scores / scratches weaken the pipe causing a burst etc

Ha easier said than done cutting back to undamaged pipe. Shortly after picture it disappears under a flower bed with trees in there then under a paved area before arriving at the garage. The scores scrtaches are not bad just that a slight score I have found can make an O ring seal not work. I have just this minute found that Conex do a 20mm brass coupler so might try that.

Reply to Water leak outside property in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock