Discuss Water leak outside my house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leah1234

I have just found a water leak on the outside of my side entrance to my house, we dag 4 ft down, this is lead pipe, what bits would i need to sort problem out, or would i need thames water to sort it. can i use lead loc sort this leak out?

Hi Thames water may have a lead pipe renewal policy? Is you have ago? There are S/Steel and rubber clamps available that can be used if the leak is on a straight bit of pipe.

Hi Thames water may have a lead pipe renewal policy? Is you have ago? There are S/Steel and rubber clamps available that can be used if the leak is on a straight bit of pipe.
Hi thanks for reply is s/steel stainless steel?
Yes its on a striaght bit of pipe, would i have to go to a plumbers shop? to get bits
I would have to sort the problem out meself if i can , i,m still digging , Thames water will be my last result.
Any suggestion is great Thanks

Philmac do a fitting for this purpose, much better than a lead loc under ground, WHPES on here got me on to them.

Hi thanks for reply is s/steel stainless steel?
Yes its on a striaght bit of pipe, would i have to go to a plumbers shop? to get bits
I would have to sort the problem out meself if i can , i,m still digging , Thames water will be my last result.
Any suggestion is great Thanks
whats wrong with thames water, like most suppliers they want to save water and if they are similar to SWW they do one off repairsat no charge for customers.

Google onto water suppliers website and have look at their lead pipe renewal policy.

Where I am, they do a free connection if you run in a new main. But you have to replace your own service pipe. If its just a repair you want, as said Philmac do a sort of universal coupler.

So all you do, is cut the lead and splice in a piece of MDPE. Its favourite of course to renew an old lead main right from the water boards stopcock into the house all in one piece.

If you hunt around you will find a guide to the water regs that will advise you properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leak outside my house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock