Discuss water leak from base of bathroom sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hughwon

I seem to get water leaking from the bottom of my bathroom sink, it only seems to happen say when I have basin full of water to have a wash then when I pull the plug there seems to be water dripping from the base of sink onto floor, I cant seem to work out where the water is leaking from or how it just seems to leak when I pull the plug. I even had a bath once and when I pulled the plug water seem to be leaking from the base of the sink but it does not seem to happen all the time, Can anyone explain to me what is happening and what I can do to stop it. I am not a experienced plumber.

half fill the basin and see if it still leaks, if it does get a plumber to reseal the waste. otherwise its overflowing

either the oveflow is not properly done or the base of waste (part that is screwed underneath to sink, big nut like dat) has not been done up properly (like simply adding a sealing compound of some sort).

sounds like there is no seal round the waste where it exits the basin, and water is escaping through the overflow holes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water leak from base of bathroom sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock