Discuss Watchman batteries (oil tanks) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer phoned me that their Watchman (old style) doesn't get a signal so I guess its the batteries. They are inside a copper tube on top of the sensor. Trouble is its a while since I last replaced any and I can't remember which ones or how many it takes. I dont seem to remember if they were the AAA alkaline type or cigarette lighter type. Am I correct and how many?

Last edited:
Its a special battery pack order from watchman direct ........ about £20

No its just a copper tube which holds disposable batteries (I have done them before just cant remember what they take). You probably can buy the whole unit for £20 as you say but it would be a bit of a rip-off when the actual batteries inside cost peanuts.

Last edited:
You talking the battery that screws down on the sender unit? I didn't even know you could get into them.

If you hear a big bang from Ireland in a week or so it'll mean I've found out you can't!

I didnt know you could take to bits?

Learn somethink every day

Yes its just a copper tube with an end-feed end cap stuck on the top with silicone which holds the batteries in.

Just found on google. It takes 4 x Duracell AAA (tv remove control) batteries.

Also found people selling the unit for £30! What a rip-off!

Last edited:
Just get a new one from watchman and youv'e got a bit of copper for the scrap man :)

No just take the old one out, go into the van with some new durcells and a pot of Brasso and he presto the customer gets a new £30 one! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Watchman batteries (oil tanks) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock