Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss waste pipe smaller than toilet trap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Im fitting a new toilet but my waste pipe in the wall is smaller than extendable trap behind toilet! so it doesn't fit inside the external waste pipe. What can I do?

Im fitting a new toilet but my waste pipe in the wall is smaller than extendable trap behind toilet! so it doesn't fit inside the external waste pipe. What can I do?
Can you tell us what size the pipe is and post a photograph from around 3-4ft away.

You could load a photo as rpm suggested, but It’s probably a 3 or 3 and 1/2” connection, a multikwik or McAlpine connector should dirt your problem. MKS3 or MKS10 for the multikwik’s. You could measure the size of it to confirm.

You could load a photo as rpm suggested, but It’s probably a 3 or 3 and 1/2” connection, a multikwik or McAlpine connector should dirt your problem. MKS3 or MKS10 for the multikwik’s. You could measure the size of it to confirm.

Here is the soil pipe and pan connector - both 4 inches diameter

Attachments

• IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 12
Daft question, but have you already got a pan connector?
Yes it didnt fit. Do you think this would work

Yes it didnt fit. Do you think this would work

It should do if the 4" one doesn't. As long as it's a tight fit.

Reply to waste pipe smaller than toilet trap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock