Search the forum,

Discuss Waste pipe query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

Hi everyone,

I need to run some waste pipes from a dishwasher trap and basin sink to a soil stack is it best doing it all in 40mm or is it best doing the basin waste to soil stack in 32mm and then use a tee with an adaptor to take the 40mm waste from the dishwasher trap its all first fix.

Ie if you can imagine a long wall of say 4meters, on the left is the soil stack and the far right is the dishwasher, and inbetween will be the basin. So the waste from the dishwasher i was gonna give its own trap then run a length of pipe about a meter to the tee in which the waste from the basin will enter after its come out of its trap.

Hope you are all with me sorry if it sounds confusing.

And also i'm gonna do it all in solvent weld but was just wondering do the compression ends of the traps allow the solvent pipe to form a water tight seal, i thought the o ring would compress onto it. Many thanks again

Darren

Also i've been asked to run some Hep2o to a coffee machine and to tee into the cold water where the mini glass dishwasher is. The dishwasher is using a dishwasher valve, what i was gonna do is unscrew this valve add a compression tee with short length of copper pipe and reattach the valve then can i use the free end of the tee to put the hep2o pipe into?

Cheers everyone

Hi. When forming a common waste as you suggest, you may well have problems with odours being emitted from appliances. As a result of self and induce syphonage. It is always a grey area. but you wont be the first to do it. Use 50 mm waste and anti syphon traps, along with cleaning eyes at changes of direction. Don't try and save 2 bob with 32 mm pipe as call back is almost definite. Good Luck

Is it a basin or a sink? (Basin waste is 32mm and sink is 40mm.) If sink, I'd do everything in 40mm. If basin, I'd fit 32mm trap then small piece of 32mm pipe from it, then convert it to 40mm. Or, instead of converting straight away, 32mm down to the tee and fit a 32mm-40mm reducer into the tee.

Re the coffee machine it's probably worth fitting a check valve on the supply just to be on the safe side.

i will use an anti syphon trap for the sink waste and can you get anti syphon
washing machine/dishwasher traps or not? if not what trap would you suggest using just lead? as the dishwasher waste is to far away from the sink waste to connect into the sink trap.

Cheers

And thankyou dontknowitall i will fit a check valve for sure

Personally i would do it in 50mm straight from dishwasher and then tee into that from basin. i think most manufacturers of dishwashers reccommend 50mm solvent aswell.;)

Hi. Air emittance valves 42 mm can be fitted to disallow syphonage of trap. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste pipe query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm just curious...why do bath traps use 40mm connections and pipework and yet basin traps use 32mm? I have a very short length (1.25m) of 40mm pipe leading from the bath into the soil pipe. Half way along this run, I have a 40mm 't' connector, from which the pipework from the basin...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock