Search the forum,

Discuss Waste. Horizontal soil stack accepting: 2 toilets, 2 sinks, 2 showers... and a bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moose_cheese

Hi,

(wow my browser really doesn't like me typing in here. I have to wait 1+ sec after each key press.
othewseis happens if I type nomal ped - otherwise this happens if I type normal speed)

So, anyway, I'll keep it short...

Am I OK with attached ensuite layout? (Plan view and Side view schematics). Please excuse my poor excel skills.

The stack is solely for those two rooms. And is outside. The house has another vented stack for kitchen, main bathroom, etc.

I've never used the 'horizontal' toilet waste before, and don't want Building Control getting upset - or have my UBends siphoned dry. It's a problem that's been on here before, so I'm hoping I've understood and proposal is OK?

Many Thanks
MC

Attachments

• ensuite.JPG
    ensuite.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 48
  • ensuite2.JPG
    ensuite2.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
Re: Waste. Horizontal soil stack accepting: 2 toilets, 2 sinks, 2 showers... and a ba

If it's drawn to scale, it will be fine
Make sure you keep the correct fall, I still work to 1" fall over 40" or 25/30mm over 1m

Re: Waste. Horizontal soil stack accepting: 2 toilets, 2 sinks, 2 showers... and a ba

If it's drawn to scale, it will be fine
Make sure you keep the correct fall, I still work to 1" fall over 40" or 25/30mm over 1m

Thanks Jonny, will do. (Yes, scale ish.)

No issues with a vertical drop from the 2 sinks into the 110 horizontal?

(can the orange enter the 110 Horizontal 'at the side', or would it be best to drop in 'on top' too?

Thanks Jonny, will do. (Yes, scale ish.)

No issues with a vertical drop from the 2 sinks into the 110 horizontal?

(can the orange enter the 110 Horizontal 'at the side', or would it be best to drop in 'on top' too?

Through side is fine (I usually don't go any lower than the 2 o'clock position) top is good

Sorry I didn't reply last night Chris, I was reading through the H1 pages. Thanks for the info. I also have to add a new manhole in the garden to connect into existing sewer. Another £500 for another connection :(

Cheers Jonny, that's what I was thinking. Will put a 45deg in there too to help the 'flow on its way'.

I would personally run a separate waste float (float = horizontal common pipe) for the waste fittings & just have the W.C's on the 100mm soil runs.
I is not clear from your drawings is the 100mm float on the right hand side going to run in the ceiling void go the ground floor ? cos if it is going to run at low level on the floor of the first floor it will be to high to get the shower waste into it.

PS don.t use anti-vac traps on any of the fittings if waste is sized & installed correctly there is no need & just increases chance of leakage.

Last edited:

The left room will be 'in' the floor. The right room can/will drop below the floor into the room below.
There is a room (not pictured) between those two. And from toilet to toilet would be a straight 8m line.

The reason for using the toilet waste as the float was to minimize pipes on the outside of my house. And minimize the amount of brick being drilled. (Not long ago I paid a plumber to sit drilling a toilet waste hole for an hour. I then did a tumble drier vent hole and it took just as long myself :( )

Are you saying the proposed way won't work? I will of course do what EVER is required to get it to work, but I don't fancy the extra drilling for the 'new' floats. And with such a distance (8m between toilets) I thought the least pipe work (connections) the better.

Thanks for your help Chris.

(Sorry to even ask this, but you keep saying 100mm. Do you mean 110mm..? I planned on using 110. I thought the waste options were 32mm, 40mm, and 110mm?)

edit - anti-siphon traps were due to me panicking about siphoning. Is this not an issue with such big 110 pipes..?

Last edited by a moderator:

I was just drawing up a new excel picture, using the separate float idea for the wastes - and then saw on the H1 document, page 9, table 2, that unventilated WC outlet has a 15m max length for 100mm dia pipe.

This is good. However "Diagram 3" right below it, say 6m max branch? Do I need to extend the 110mm past the toilet, and make a mini vertical stack with an AAV?

argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste. Horizontal soil stack accepting: 2 toilets, 2 sinks, 2 showers... and a bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock