Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine Waste Pipe Attached To Machine in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking to install my new washing machine.

The waste pipe was clipped round the back of the machine during transit. It popped out of some of the clips with ease, but one clip seems sealed.

I need the extra length, so ideally need to unclip it from the clip shown in the photos below. Is there a reason why it's clipped firmly in here and not in other places?

thumbnail_IMG_6954.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6955.jpg

The screw to right undo this but you can get hose extensions

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-2-5m-x-21mm/71062

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-outlet-hose-connector-17mm/37103

When installing a washing machine, it’s important to understand the proper height and placement of the drain hose.

This will ensure that there’s less of a risk of potential overflow while helping to prevent flooding in your laundry room.

Yes, the drain hose needs to be elevated and it’s always best to do so at a level that’s higher than the washing machine itself. This will prevent possible siphoning. There are also other steps you can take to ensure that you get the best drainage.

Reply to Washing machine Waste Pipe Attached To Machine in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock