Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine straight off the Combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jui

Hi guys,

As the title says, we are moving our combi boiler from its current location to next to our combi boilers as there are no other areas in our houseto place it. Can we ‘T’ straight off the cold feed from the combi boiler in tothe washing machine (which only requires a cold feed) for it to work ok? Arethere any regulations about distances etc.? Or any other issues we have tothink about?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you teeing in properly or are you using One of those self cutting taps

It's fine.don't use a self cutting tee. Too restrictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just a bit concerned about the self cut disc going straight up the pipe into the boiler filter

With the greatest of respect surely the plumber should know it's alright then

It's always good to get some more opinions just in case, thanks guys..

Granted always good to do your research but I wish people would have a little faith in contractors sometimes. We aren't all Cowboys good luck :smile:

Getting fed up with people that come on here asking if there plumber is doing the job right , wanting 2-3 opinions on if what he is doing is correct or if he is charging to much, Do they ask all these questions if they see a Doctor/Dentist or take there car for a service, Why this sudden distrust of what Trades do, This industry is getting a **** reputation , Screwed on everything we do, Better if we all give it up and did something else, Shelf stacking seems a good alternative. :dots: :angry:

Or they aren't getting a plumber in at all and just want the information. I'd prefer the later and a bit of honesty really.

To be fair, I will get second and third opinions if I am unsure of the info, that includes doctors and mechanics especially at a minimum of £90 an hour labour charges! obviously it feels mistrustful BUT I would rather my customers did their research and I actually encourage this including getting 3 quotes, I have found that I get more work this way. There are always going to be diy types coming on forums asking so that they can do thing themselves, as long as we all stick to the party line and encourage the use of a suitably qualified person wheres the harm?

To add to my previous: I have had experts that just don't feel right so I will stop and say that I will get back to them and then do my research (not to enable me to diy just to set my mind straight) there are still a lot of cowboys out there so it fits that there should be a tools forum to alleviate or confirm concerns of cowboyisms? that people feel that they can post on and not be demonised for the few that are asking for details to diy

To be fair, I will get second and third opinions if I am unsure of the info, that includes doctors and mechanics especially at a minimum of £90 an hour labour charges! obviously it feels mistrustful BUT I would rather my customers did their research and I actually encourage this including getting 3 quotes, I have found that I get more work this way. There are always going to be diy types coming on forums asking so that they can do thing themselves, as long as we all stick to the party line and encourage the use of a suitably qualified person wheres the harm?

No harm at all but I don't charge £90 pr hr and I don't know meny garages where you can go and they will tell you what to do so that you can fix it your self

Getting fed up with people that come on here asking if there plumber is doing the job right , wanting 2-3 opinions on if what he is doing is correct or if he is charging to much, Do they ask all these questions if they see a Doctor/Dentist or take there car for a service, Why this sudden distrust of what Trades do, This industry is getting a **** reputation , Screwed on everything we do, Better if we all give it up and did something else, Shelf stacking seems a good alternative. :dots: :angry:

As long as people on forums like these keep answering them then they'll keep asking!

I am not trying to demonise the op, I just dislike this general mistrust of people in the trade. I know that I am as honest as the day is long and I get very annoyed when people speak so generally implying that we are all corrupt and in it to rip people off. With this one I just struggle to understand why the plumbers knowledge is even in question. Sorry I just get very suspicious that people are looking for ways to undermine the plumber or look for ways not to pay them. I'm not saying that is the case in this instance and apologies to the OP

Riley, not pointing fingers just trying to play devils advocate!
JTS, my local garage labour is 92.75 per hour and when I put my last motor in they called to say it needed this that and the other, I did not ask them how to do it but if I wanted to I could have gone onto a petrolheads forum and asked
I completely understand the whole mistrust thing, just trying to say that sometimes you have a job needing doing and the person that turns up might not feel right! so sometimes asking others is required.

I am not trying to demonise the op, I just dislike this general mistrust of people in the trade. I know that I am as honest as the day is long and I get very annoyed when people speak so generally implying that we are all corrupt and in it to rip people off. With this one I just struggle to understand why the plumbers knowledge is even in question. Sorry I just get very suspicious that people are looking for ways to undermine the plumber or look for ways not to pay them. I'm not saying that is the case in this instance and apologies to the OP

This trade like a lot of others is to transparent , We openly give people way to much information and this in some ways is why we find ourselves open to all sorts mistrust , thanks to the opening of DIY outlets and numerous programs showing people how to do things we are digging our own greaves, I remember when you could only purchase a lot of materials if you were a trades person and the general public wouldn't get any discount at the counter, But now anyone can purchase anything and not a lot of questions are asked as long as the money is handed over. So who is to blame for the demise of the trades ?? Well we all are.

Whenever someone comes out with 'here's another rich plumber/heating engineer' I just ask them how much do one of those charge an hour.
When the response is £100-£120, I just say I'll do all your work for less than that rate, they never call. Strange what people expect to pay.

I just get the feeling that the general consensus is that contractors don't deserve to earn a living. A lot of people I come across can't believe how much you charge for a job even though it's perfectly reasonable

ALDI is offering £10.60 per hour

I have said it before on this forum, and I will say it again, many customers will make the mistake of comparing what your business charges them per hour or day to their own hourly or daily pay.
They will often have no thought to the other costs of your business.
So if you tell a customer who earns £15 per hour, that you need £30 per hour, they assume you are too expensive. They forget that they probably work for a company that has overheads on top of the salary given to them

ALDI is offering £10.60 per hour

No Aldi's near to me, Lidl / Tesco/ Morrison's, not bad over £400 a week top it up with Tax credits and whatever else I can get, Less everything it costs B4 I even go out the door + no annoying phone calls at silly times and it looks like I could be better off

No Aldi's near to me, Lidl / Tesco/ Morrison's, not bad over £400 a week top it up with Tax credits and whatever else I can get, Less everything it costs B4 I even go out the door + no annoying phone calls at silly times and it looks like I could be better off

And remember in those jobs they have various perks, - discount on any personal shopping there, for example. That means their wages go further. Every little helps, as they say!
It seems to pay to just be in an uneducated, not very difficult job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine straight off the Combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock