Discuss Warranty announcements and some pricing information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

You may already have heard this, but Baxi have announced that the 7 year warranty on their Duotec HE A, and 10 year warranty on Platinum HE A will continue throughout 2015.

What they have not made clear is whether there will be an ERP* version of the HE A product family. If there isn't then production will cease in the summer, although the product may still be available later in the year from stockists with deep pockets and large warehouses.

Ideal have also announced that their 7 year warranty on Logic plus and Independent plus, and the ten year warranty on the Vogue will also continue throughout 2015.

However, Vogue users should expect an increase in price (from us, at any rate) of between £50 and £100 in the new year. I am expecting Duotec to go up about £20 - £40 per boiler at the same time (but not Platinum), although at present, we are not aware of any increases on Logic +, Independent or Independent +.

Expect to see aggressive offers on both Vaillant and Glowworm either just before, or just after Xmas. These are likely to be short lived, so fill your boots while you can.

If you are a WB user, talk to your rep about unvented cylinders, and he may well extend the cashback deal for you through to next year. And you will earn brownie points with them. Just don't mention that I told you, please.

And that ends this bulletin from the boiler room.

:)

*upgrade to energy efficient pump

Hi All

You may already have heard this, but Baxi have announced that the 7 year warranty on their Duotec HE A, and 10 year warranty on Platinum HE A will continue throughout 2015.

What they have not made clear is whether there will be an ERP* version of the HE A product family. If there isn't then production will cease in the summer, although the product may still be available later in the year from stockists with deep pockets and large warehouses.

Ideal have also announced that their 7 year warranty on Logic plus and Independent plus, and the ten year warranty on the Vogue will also continue throughout 2015.

However, Vogue users should expect an increase in price (from us, at any rate) of between £50 and £100 in the new year. I am expecting Duotec to go up about £20 - £40 per boiler at the same time (but not Platinum), although at present, we are not aware of any increases on Logic +, Independent or Independent +.

Expect to see aggressive offers on both Vaillant and Glowworm either just before, or just after Xmas. These are likely to be short lived, so fill your boots while you can.

If you are a WB user, talk to your rep about unvented cylinders, and he may well extend the cashback deal for you through to next year. And you will earn brownie points with them. Just don't mention that I told you, please.

And that ends this bulletin from the boiler room.

:)

*upgrade to energy efficient pump

Update to this:

Vogue users who are quoting for work after Xmas should be allowing for increases of £90 per appliance on 26kw models, £70ish on 32kw models and a more modest £30 on 40kw models. Independent should stay much the same, but Logic + is likely to rise £30 ish in the new year. Shop around in Jan, as those merchants with lots of end-of-year stock may be prepared to do deals.

Baxi Duotec HE A users should expect £30 - £40 increases in the short term, but don't take ANY long term pricing bets on this appliance. If you do site work, and are pricing long term, get your Baxi rep's promises in writing. My best guess is +£100 by early summer. Platinum users should worry less, but still seek assurances from the manufacturer before making any long term commitment.

As per my earlier post, expect very aggressive offers on Glow-worm in Jan, getting less generous after the Feb price increase, but now I am guessing NOT on Vaillant - where prices are expected to harden with two increases likely - one in Jan from the supply chain and another in March/April from the factory.

WB should stay constant in Jan/Feb, but don't ask me after that. For WB unvented, if you can't talk your rep into extending the £100 cashback, you really need to give up and go home... :)

Have fun

Ray

Sod that, what about the 'real' boilers? Oil :)

Grant - likely to stay the same price - although external models may go up a bit.

Worcester Oil - likely to increase between £30 and £50 per appliance from mid Jan.

Grant - spit, spit, spit.
Worcester, nice boiler, shame about the customer service.

Still waiting for a crack at the worcester mkII though :)

Thanks for keeping us up to date Ray .
PS thanks for another spot on delivery last week one of your lads even rang to check I was happy with everything now that's customer service :santa_smiley::santa_smiley::santa_smiley:

Grant - spit, spit, spit.
Worcester, nice boiler, shame about the customer service.

Still waiting for a crack at the worcester mkII though :)
Mk 2 is a much better boiler.

What at problems you had with customer service? I've never a dealt with a company that's better in my opinion.

Wouldnt replace a shell under warranty due to health and safety, yet on the same boiler they had replaced oil pump just three months earlier.
Wanted a customer to wait 7 days to replace a pump on an external combi.
Rep being a spineless tool.

Thanks Ray, doing some quotes today for after xmas

Are Vaillant going to increase there warranty? And what am I getting for xmas, oh great oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warranty announcements and some pricing information in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock