Discuss WARNING to all plumbers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
IMPORTANT WARNING: Emails and calls are going out to plumbers. From various names of companies, and people in those companies. They say they have work in your area, and that you are required to pay to gain access to them. Then you pay, and you don't get any work, or you get rubbish work. This has been reported for months if not years.

DO NOT EVER PAY TO GET WORK IN AN AREA YOU ALREADY COVER WITHOUT FIRST HEARING OF THE COMPANY IN YOUR ACTUAL AREA FIRST! - You probably have more access to those potential customers than they do already.

Don't be lead-on when they mention large contracts they may or may not have. They often do have said contracts, but give the work to their own companies and not random plumbers they're charging. They also often operate out of the English jurisdiction too - so suing them includes lots of travelling costs and different laws. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Tell your plumber friends about this too!

Always research companies who you're about to pay money too. I'm sure there a genuine companies out there that do this. But there are also a lot of companies just out to profit from this. So those are perhaps the ones to watch out for. The forum is full of information about them, but we have had legal firms forcing us to remove various threads about this before now. So I'm afraid you'll just have to use your gut feeling if you can't find ANY information about a firm you are about to give money to for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WARNING to all plumbers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock