Discuss Warmflow Utility 90 HE Combi Leaking and losing pressure... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Been around 36 hours since the leak sealant was introduced to the system and so far things are looking positive.

I'm only using (an indicated) 0.5 Bar of pressure in the system for the time being.

The base of boiler is actually the most dry it's ever been in its life!

I can see a very small reflective, area towards the underside of the rear of the heat store, where I believe there's some sort of leak. It tends to pulse, as if a drip is falling onto it but it looks tiny at possibly less than 1cm diameter. Of course it may well be the corner of a larger puddle but I can't see under the heat store to verify, might try my cheapo endoscope later today.

I agree at the price of replacement parts, some of them are ridiculous for what they are! This is where part numbers rather than manufacturer labelled part sourcing comes into play. I'm fairly sure my flow meter was 10% of the cost of the Warmflow part!

Well, I woke up to a lock out light the other day.

Topped up the water - it was empty and fired it up until the troll that was living inside with a sledgehammer woke up 5 minutes later!

Totally bled and refilled the boiler today and it was up and running for a couple of hours but the pressure was dropping steadily.

Found a definite leak on the primary heat exchanger on the left side of the gap between that and the heat store.

Sealant worked for a couple of months I suppose, probably time for replacement?

Been hearing good things about Navien boilers and the 10 year warranty?

Should I get a new one or any other suggestions?

Reply to Warmflow Utility 90 HE Combi Leaking and losing pressure... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back