Discuss warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sh3p69

Hi there all, and SORRY about the long post, but don't know what to do...
Put a post up about 3 weeks ago about my hot water not working going hot cold, rang BG coming out to fix my boiler (Combi, Ravenheat) with the home care.
First time they came and said that the heat exchange plate was blocked!!! would only clean it if i buy a MagnaClean (£255.25), so i did.
Did a sonic clean on the heat exchange and fitted the magnaclean, hot water still not working, Told me that it was blocking instantly!!!.
Then told me that it needs a power flush at £480 (The boiler is 5 years old and the pipe work and the rads down stairs are only just over 1 year old)
So like a plonker i did! the guy from BG came and did the power flush and told me that there was hardly any muck in the system!!!
He went and my hot water was not going cold but just warm, i could run a bath with out putting cold water in, not good!!!
Rang and a guy came and said that i need a divert valve and a new heat exchange.
So the next day the original guy came(The one that sold me the magnaclean and power flush) and fitted the divert valve only and not the heat exchange plate and told me that i didn't need it.
He went and STILL the hot water is just a little hot ( not HOT HOT) The dial on the boiler is at full and be for it was only just past the half way mark...
Can any one Help... Got British Gas coming again tomorrow.
Thanks and sorry about the long post...
Dave...

only other things would be incorrect gas pressures or thermisters,but these should of been checked first

Around £800 and still not working, time to write a letter and threaten small claims court to bg, as ever selling stuff not required and not fixing the problem, talk to citizens advice, then maybe call in an independant gas engineer who is reccomended by a friend to fix your problem.

Thanks for you replies.
So if the Air switch has gone! What would the symptoms be, What does it do!!!
Thanks, Dave...
Sorry, But i forgot to mention that after the power flush i keep losing pressure, Its set at 1 bar, but after 2 days it goes down to 0, so have to top up every2 day...

Last edited by a moderator:
The power flush may have caused an old joint to leak

Is the performance any better if you dont turn you bath taps fully on? just half way or less say

Make sure you ask BG for the £735.25 already spent that has been a waste of time!

Yes, if the tap is not turned on fully, just at a really slow pace the hot water is HOT-HOT, but that would take a long time to fill the bath!!!
So would you say to ring BG for my money back!!!

Yes, if the tap is not turned on fully, just at a really slow pace the hot water is HOT-HOT, but that would take a long time to fill the bath!!!
So would you say to ring BG for my money back!!!
yes and get the heat exchanger changed

Hi there all, Just an update for you...
BG came and this time there were 2 guy that came.
They spent about 10 Min's here and all they did was turn down the flow of the hot water. I now have hot water, But the hot water flow is slow (NOT like that before) and the dial has to be at MAX (NOT like that before) would any body know if the heat exchange still needs to be changes (Would it make my hot water hotter and run faster like it was before).
After the guy went i rang BG and told them that i think that i was sold a Power Flush when i didn't need one, they told me that some one will get in touch!!!
So after that i went down to the local citizens advice and was waiting there for about 1 and a half hours to get in there to be told that i needed to be at the local Trading standards which i will be tomorrow...
Will keep you posted...
Bloody British Gas!!! Pile of S**T

make sure you keep all copies of the reports from British Gas and good luck, you will probably need to send them a strongly worded letter as well

It really does sound like you need a new HEat Exchanger

I would get one change and bill British Gas for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock