Discuss Warm water in hot water header tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out.
I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was that but within half an hour of turning my hot water on the pipe at the bottom of the header tank starts feeding warm water into the header tank and hence the level raises.
The header tank is in the attic above second floor. The hot water cylinder (storage) is on 1st floor and boiler on ground floor. I believe this is an indirect system.
Any suggestions gratefully received?

Reply to Warm water in hot water header tank in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having a problem with hw venting into the small header tank. This happens when it’s set to hw only or CH. I’ve tried lowering the water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock