Search the forum,

Discuss Warm Air Heating Systems - Pros & Cons? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris81

Hi There,

Can anyone offer advice or information regarding Warm Air Heating systems within the home? I am currently looking at homes to buy, and came across a home built in the 1970s with this system, but I know very little about them. Pros and Cons? any dangers etc? Any advice is greatly received

Many thanks

Chris :stooge_moe:

One pro is you can turn it in to a Cooling system in summer.

Main draw back is noise from fan, (not recomended if you have Asthma ) old units can be expensive to run, parts are quite expensive, need to check that heat exchanger is ok, (look for holes) has it got water heater on side (Janus) these tend to clog up on fins, another costly part to replace, if its a 70;s unit would be better to replace with more up to date unit, cost arround ÂŁ2500.00, but if you are going down that route , just as well put in new heating system

Had it in a house i own but previously owned by my mum..... was a very warm house....downside it blows dust around the house and takes up huge space with the ducting....i ripped it out and fitted rads with a valiant combi and i'm much happier as kitchen is now much bigger as old boiler was housed in a cupboard at back of kitchen plus all the ducting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warm Air Heating Systems - Pros & Cons? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock