Discuss Wanted free standing boiler and back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGasServices

Gas Engineer
Hi,

i would like a free standing open flued boiler in working order and/or a back boiler also in working order. I need these so an old friend can teach youngester how to work on these and what to check.

Thanks for viewing

dont you rip them out occassionally?, or is your old friend a scrappie by any chance? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What about your local council ? are they doing any system upgrades in your area.

If they are going to be connected to test/work on its going to require a fair bit of adapting to allow it to run any length of time, up here a lot of places aren't on water meters so we simply fit flow & return to one rad at one end and fit a full bore valve connected into the drain at the other end so when we fire the boilers we crack the valve to keep the system topping up with cold water to keep the bper running

No my mate is not a scrappie lol I don't really come across any back boiler or free standing open flued boilers. Everyone up here got a combi

The council is use less forget asking them for anything. one of my mate works for social housing he told me they've got all new boiler so no luck there.

Thanks for that bit of advise ill pass it on to him I'm sure he will need it. If there are any problems ill give you a shout kirk.

Last edited:
If they are going to be connected to test/work on its going to require a fair bit of adapting to allow it to run any length of time, up here a lot of places aren't on water meters so we simply fit flow & return to one rad at one end and fit a full bore valve connected into the drain at the other end so when we fire the boilers we crack the valve to keep the system topping up with cold water to keep the bper running
Its done with plate heat exchangers in the training centre I use.

Its done with plate heat exchangers in the training centre I use.

Yes we have some done like that too, depends on room and TBH what we can get cheapest, HE's aren't cheap but you can always manage to blag a rad or two from somewhere

Should hopefully have a quote accepted for a changeover job. Baxi Bermuda 552 will be coming out, will keep hold of it if you still want one OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanted free standing boiler and back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock