Wall Mounted Pan

Discussion in 'Sanitary Ware' started by flappy8, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Wall Mounted Pan in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. flappy8

flappy8 New Member

Hi All,

I have a Gerberit Duofix which I boarded over and tiled. When I attach the pan, should I have anything between the back face of the pan and the tiles? The tiles are pretty flat, but should i have a small bead of silicone, or something else there?

2. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You could put a small bead around if you like. Run one around after its fitted to for neatness

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I think there should be a white sheet of foam between them that came with the Geberit

• Like Like x 1
  4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That rings a bell !

5. flappy8

flappy8 New Member

Ah - nothing in the box with this one.

6. SimonG

SimonG Plumber Top Contributor!!

The foams an optional extra. Robbing bar stewards. Not as though the frames are cheap.

7. flappy8

flappy8 New Member

Thanks all for your input - I have found one of these Abacus Easiplan Wc Frame Self Adhesive Sound proof Pad EPSP-05-3508 which is a few quid less than the Gerberet one and protects that ceramic to ceramic interface!

Thanks all for your advice.

8. Gray0689

Gray0689 Trusted Plumber GSR

You don't really need anything