Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung basin pulling away from wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I went in to fit a small wall hung basin today and had a devil of a job trying to keep it tight to the wall along the top edge. I’ve done a couple of wall hung basins before but never had one where the fixing points were right at the bottom. It was supplied with 2 wall anchors which I installed but even tightened the top edge was pulling away and the adhesive wasn’t strong enough to keep it in place. I was worried that tightening any further would crack the ceramic. Is this a common design? And if it is how to you deal with it? It seems baffling to me that anyone would design a sink this way.

Yes common issue normally just pinch the bottom fixings and glue the one or two faces that are on the wall

I sandwiched mine with 2mm neoprene to avoid point loading then ran down the top edge with a silicon beading tool.

Pays to use quality fixings and throw the supplied ones. No point spoiling the job with them.

Reply to Wall hung basin pulling away from wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock