Discuss w plan system to y plan system or maybe even an s plan? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
i have got to change over a w plan system. If it was just changing to a Y plan, is it just a case of ptting in the new mid position valve and running a hot water off? Or, would you recommend changing it to an S plan?

I always go s plan. Y plan is for 1980's fit a balancing locksheild type gate valve on bottom of cylinder. (Locksheild to prevent DIY helpers)

balancing lockshield valve? Never heard of one of those. I shall google it now. Thanks

I always go s plan. Y plan is for 1980's fit a balancing locksheild type gate valve on bottom of cylinder. (Locksheild to prevent DIY helpers)

Is there a diagram I can look at for a balancing valve on the cylinder coil?

Think of it as the equivalent of a lock shied on a radiator, lets you balance system, though its obviously not essential as there are so many systems with out.

jubavu5y.jpg

Just makes it easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to w plan system to y plan system or maybe even an s plan? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock