Currently reading:
Vokera Linea 28 DHW Fault

Discuss Vokera Linea 28 DHW Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DAVE1982

Hi All,
Have not been here for advice for a long time. Since that time completed my gas course all the exams and would be grateful for any advice as I am very lacking in experience in boiler fault finding.

Was called by a friend and told her boiler was working fine on heating but does not now have any DHW.

Was expecting a faulty diverter valve.

Arrived, asked if she'd had any other problems with the boiler, was the problem permanent, had she had it occasionally before it finally became permanent. etc etc.

Asked her to open her kitchen tap....and the boiler fired up and within 15 seconds burner shut down displaying no fault code. but a temperature up at 90 degrees. Suspected high limit stat did its job.
I set Central Heating on, Room stat to call for heat, timer on. Nothing happened for 5 minutes until displayed temp fell by about. 10 degrees.

Burner fired up, heating was fine.

Removed diverter actuator, opened kitchen tap motor of valve reacted as normal.

Manually operated the valve by pushing in the rod to divert water to the secondary heat exchanger with the hot tap on and again the burner went off after approx 15 seconds.

I think reduced flow through the secondary HE circuit and through the primary HE does not allow enough heat to be transfered to DHW . The high limit stat kicks in and closes the gas valve.

So am I correct in saying the secondary HE is more likely the source of the blockage.

Could anyone please advise on whether I'm wrong or could there be a less complicated answer to the problem.

The lady has had the boiler for 11 years.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Cant help as we're in open forum Dave. Get your post count to 10 and pm gas man or red saw with your gassafe details and youl gain access to private gas forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Linea 28 DHW Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back