Discuss Vokera Excel 80SP Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this happens on and off, sometimes it works fine and others it doesnt.

what it is thats happening is that the heating is working fine, but sometimes the hot water isn't. I noticed that with the tap running, the burners weren't firing up. I think it may be the domestic diaphragm that may need replaced. Anyone got any 2nd opinions or came across this problem ?

what you mean sticking aps ? i'm new to servicing and repairing.

air pressure switch try taking the combustion door off see if that helps also check the veturies are clean

ok thanks gasman, I was thinking of doing a course for advanced fault finding in combi boilers, I believe you get an E1, E3 & E5 qualification at the end of it and its for £600. Do you thnk this would help improve my skills on repairing and servicing ?

Last edited:
no it would just tell you the basics and its dear at £600 experience is the best teacher,best advice i can give you get a multimeter learn how to use it your best tool,read posts on here you will learn loads

oh ok, so i'm guessing a multimeter to check electrical components, clean and brush the boiler, flue .. check the flue gases. Is this a typical service ? and replace any components which are faulty ? is it one of those things were the thought of it is scarier than actualy doing it ? if you know what i mean :p

have fun ,and always start with basics on fault finding,ask customer everything,always check polarity,is there gas ,is there power
as gas man says experaince,is the only way.have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Excel 80SP Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back