Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera Boiler Desperate Situation! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam10

Apologies for signing up and asking a question but I’m in a desperate situation!

I have a Vokera Linear 24 boiler, which for the past 6 weeks I've had limited heating and hot water.

The fundamental problem is, after the central heating has been running for aprrox 30mins it will start cycling between on and off (it will switch off for 2 secs, then come on again with a "whoof" burn for 2secs then off again, so on and so on) It will do that until i manually switch it off. And during that time you get no hot water what’s so ever. It seems that the boiler cannot warm the water quick enough as it's not constantly burning. Once switched off after a wait hot water is fine provided that the C/H isn’t put back on, if so then the same situation happens.

I have homeserve cover how have come out numerous of times claiming to have solved the problem, however it comes straight back on after 30mins.

To date they have changed the motorhead valve, a small PCB Board (S.B?) and main the PCB board (B.E.B?).

I would really really appreciate if somebody has any ideas what this problem could be - It's seriously starting to get me down.

Regards
Adam

Does sound that you have lost low flame,faulty thermistor or incorrect gas valve adjustment
As effects gas control,should be done by a gas safe person,so set up right :)
Thought thermistors more than £ 4.00 !

Ok. So on his next visit i should ask him to check the following; Low flame, thermistor, gas valve and ntc? I need to schedule him to come back as soon as possible as it was a cold shower this morning..

Ok. So on his next visit i should ask him to check the following; Low flame, thermistor, gas valve and ntc? I need to schedule him to come back as soon as possible as it was a cold shower this morning..

thermister and ntc are the same thing sorry for the confusion

ask them to send a more experieced gas engineer,with good fault finding skills,very rare pcb,s fail,

ask them to send a more experieced gas engineer,with good fault finding skills,very rare pcb,s fail,

Got an engineer booked for Monday, they are sending their most senior engineer, so with any luck he will have a better understanding.

Thanks for all the advice so far

sound like flame rectification and sub pcb
change flame rec prob and lead and the sub pcb

Sounds to be that its not modulating the gas, or sencing the temperature in the boiler and knocking off firing up on full gas and its just too hot so will keep doing it.

Thermistor or gas valve.

Hi,

Interested to hear how the problem is fixed. I've had a Vokera boiler fitted in 2005, and ever since fitted it has cycled through 'flashing spanner' (self correction) which means that the heating and hot water goes off whilst it is auto correcting. And several times a week it shuts itself off completely 'flashing spanner with [RESET]'. We asked the plumber that fitted it to correct, but he wanted to charge us... We couldn't afford to be charged, so just 'live with it'.

I have tried contacting Vokera directly without success. So we now just have a hot-cold shower, or use the one in the gym. Our local plumber - the one that wanted to charge us - did mention something to do with the electrical panel that controls the boiler as being the fault.. but this was in passing and not in writing at all. Has anyone else heard of the circuit board in the boiler being at fault?

Hi,

Interested to hear how the problem is fixed. I've had a Vokera boiler fitted in 2005, and ever since fitted it has cycled through 'flashing spanner' (self correction) which means that the heating and hot water goes off whilst it is auto correcting. And several times a week it shuts itself off completely 'flashing spanner with [RESET]'. We asked the plumber that fitted it to correct, but he wanted to charge us... We couldn't afford to be charged, so just 'live with it'.

I have tried contacting Vokera directly without success. So we now just have a hot-cold shower, or use the one in the gym. Our local plumber - the one that wanted to charge us - did mention something to do with the electrical panel that controls the boiler as being the fault.. but this was in passing and not in writing at all. Has anyone else heard of the circuit board in the boiler being at fault?

As yet it is still not fixed. Had two PCB boards replaced and the motor head. Have the engineer coming back on Monday with an ignition board and fan assembly. So will let you know if that fixes the problem

Thanks. Good luck - I hope they fix it. Please will you let me know if solved? And how? BTW did you have the 'flashing spanner' and 'flashing spanner [RESET]' too?
Kate

My Ariston started doing the same thing a couple of weeks back, first on hot water only then on both water and heating.

To date BG have replaced (under Homecare) 2 thermistors, PCB and today a further PCB and pressure sensor. 3 hours now and it might just have cured it.

Finally after 8 weeks, 6 new parts and 12 visits, another homeserve engineer came on Friday and fitted me with a new ignition control board and it seems to have fixed it! I've been away all weekend so not had time to test it fully until this evening, however all seems to be all working fine (touch wood). At last!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Cheers
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Boiler Desperate Situation! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock