Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera and Nest opentherm. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Just to ask. I’ve a Vokera Unica, i36 (ERP), great boiler by the way. I have an external sensor. Apparently, I can wire up the nest (3rd gen) and use that as an opentherm stat. At the moment I’m assuming it’s an on off stat. I have been advised that I just wire the stat in the heatlink to the connection and the and those connections to the pink wires in the terminal block. I’m slightly confused as the pink wires already are connected to make a circuit? the orange wires are for the external sensor. As for the heatlink it looks a bit like spaghetti junction. As for my competence I’m not stupid, I was once a plumber many years ago but decided to re-train to become a good old NHS nurse instead (don’t ask me why, it’s a regret I will live till my dying day!). I hang all my own radiators, plumb my own bath in and I never call a plumber. Apart from having to pay someone £500 to gas up and wire the nest to the Vokera as I did most of it myself. It’s odd that intensive care and all the machines doesn’t even raise an eyebrow but that heatlink, stat and boiler wiring freaks me out!! Just asking, no abuse please about competence. Just asking. I’d hate to pay someone £100 to switch two wires around because I can’t see the wood for the trees. Anyway, I’ve put a few images up. Hope someone can help and stay safe and look after your health both physical and mental (my area of expertise is men’s health and public health).
Dave

IMG_20201126_191341.jpg
IMG_20201111_141256.jpg
IMG_20201111_141054.jpg
IMG_20201126_191335.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201111_141054.jpg
    IMG_20201111_141054.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201111_141256.jpg
    IMG_20201111_141256.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20201118_123901.jpg
    IMG_20201118_123901.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20201126_191335.jpg
    IMG_20201126_191335.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 5
I also have an i36 and just connected up the open therme to my Google nest. It's great. So you power the sensor independently, then remove 2 pink wires that don't run to circut baord. You then run 2 new wires instead out to the OT 1 and OT 2 on the nest sensor. That's all. Then on the nest select connection type to opentherme instead of on off. It will tell you pretty fast on the nest stat if it can not detect the opentherme connection. Hope this helps.
Tim

Reply to Vokera and Nest opentherm. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
I've got a Baxi 600 combi, with a Google Nest thermostat, fitted a year ago. I've just learnt about OpenTherm, so went into my Nest settings, and found that it is disabled (only on/off mode is selectable, OpenTherm gives an error message). I spoke to the installer who says that he never...
Replies
Views
My boiler is currently powered by a switched fused spur. The spur is located 40cm underneath the boiler. I haven't checked but it is probably a 3A fuse. My boiler is an Ideal Logic combi ESP1 35 : https://idealheating.com/uploads/documents/logic-combi-esp1-installation-and-servicing.pdf I would...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock