Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann low rumble. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.,
Looking for some advice please, Ive got a Viessmann 111w installed, 18 months old and been serviced by manufacturers as per warranty conditions.
Boiler works ok lots of hot water etc but when the heating is on there is a low rumble from the boiler when the burner cuts out, does not happen on hot water, last about 2-3 seconds then stops.
Installer fitted a bypass to the heating flow side which I hhave opened up and seems to have helped a bit, the service engineer from Viessmann said it should'nt have a bypass as there was an internal one fitted already but Viessmann technical who | spoke to the other day said it needed one and to open it up so a conflict of views.
I dont know whether to try and call someone out to have a look as there seems to be a shortage of Viessmann experienced engineers local to me , Im in York, the install seems ok apart from a few unresolved issues, wondering if I should just leave it and see what happens long term.
I would be very grateful for anyones views especially if you are good on these boilers.
many thanks.

I've got the same problem. The boiler was installed 3 weeks ago and whenever the heating is turned off it makes the rumble noise.
Did you manage to sort the problem out?

I've got the same problem. The boiler was installed 3 weeks ago and whenever the heating is turned off it makes the rumble noise.
Did you manage to sort the problem out?
Hi Mihall, not yet, talking to Viessmann and they want to send an engineer to look at it which is fine by me, the boiler in general is quite noisy when running heating but I'm wondering if its to do with the pipework design, not sure.
Interesting that your boiler makes the rumbling sound as well, will mention this to the engineer when he comes.
Apart from that does yours perform ok? Mines does everything it should and seems good.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Alan

Hi Mihall
Ok update on boiler rumble, eventually got in touch with Viessmann , took weeks, lot of radio silence, no response to emails , text or phone messages.
Anyway got the engineer back and he replaced the diverter valve and solved the problem.
Reason it failed was sludge etc same problem with the plate heat exchanger which was also replaced, all under warranty which was pretty good of Viessmann, but there again it was one of their approved installers who cocked the job up in the first place.
Hope this helps, ask Viessmann to change the diverter valve but you may need to flush the system like I did
Good luck.
Alan

Reply to Viessmann low rumble. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock