Search the forum,

Discuss Very little water flow from any ‘hot’ tap in the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little water flow from any ‘hot’ tap in the house i.e. bath tap, bathroom sink tap and kitchen tap; just a slight flow that stops after a minute or so. Been working fine but virtually stopped flowing this morning.

The house has a conventional vented CH system with a cold water storage tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder (with immersion heater) in the airing-cupboard.

The 22mm outlet feed pipe from the loft tank to the hot water cylinder isn’t blocked at the loft tank end; had a thin copper rod down a few inches and a had wriggle about ,but no joy.

Any thoughts where the most likely blockage point will be? I’m assuming (maybe wrongly) that debris of some description has entered the system.

All advice gratefully received.

could be air,
a wet vac on hot tap could sort it either way.

could be somthing has gone down the cold pipe and is stuck at a bend??
or an issue with the isolation valve on the cold pipe down to the cylinder.

I would progress the search to that tap, close it, open hot taps, undo bottom fitting to valve, lift pipe clear from valve, with a bucket ready open valve and see.
(assuming a valve is fitted and working!)

Has anyone been messing around? say in the airing cupboard or loft? Has someone turned off a gate valve by mistake? If you so much as look at them they shear off...

Last edited:
The op likes your post Phil!!

He hasn't bothered responding though!

Is it fixed or not?

I'm out

I'm off for a shower I stink...I've fitted more showers than I've had this week. Just no time....

OP here; many thanks for the replies..

I’ve just found out that the loft water tank also supplies the ‘cold feed’ to the bathroom power-shower; .....so maybe the loft tank did run dry and an air-lock has been introduced ??

Maybe

If that's the case it may happen again & again unless it's sorted out

Bigger cwsc in loft?

The op likes your post Phil!!

He hasn't bothered responding though!

Is it fixed or not?

I'm out

....sorry if you thought I was taking anything for granted; I will always respond and say thanks to you wonderfully knowledgeable people! :santa:

P.S. nothing fixed yet;....regroup tomorrow a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very little water flow from any ‘hot’ tap in the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock