Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vertical Radiator Makes A Bang When Heating Up & Cooling Down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield.

The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1 bar, turned the boiler temperature down and bleed the radiator. But it makes no difference.

I haven’t experienced a noise like this before and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it, before we consider replacing the radiator. Many thanks

Attachments

• 2ec48df2-1da9-4383-8e81-d66932839590.jpeg
    2ec48df2-1da9-4383-8e81-d66932839590.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 11
It’s expansion and contraction do you have the rubber feet on the clips ?

Reply to Vertical Radiator Makes A Bang When Heating Up & Cooling Down in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock