Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vertical Radiator Advice Needed Please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening

I'm hoping someone can provide a bit of guidance regarding radiators in our lounge please, I've read similar threads but not found anything my questions.

So we are currently in the process of decorating our lounge which is 4.6 x 3.6 x 2.5m with a aluminium double glazed door of 5sqm and based on the concrete floor, outside walls and sporadic cavity wall insulation I have come up with a calculation of 5472btu required (a merchants came up with similar) although I don't think weve included any temperature calculations? It's a potterton suprima 50 boiler?

We currently have one 1200 x 700mm double with single fins and one 920 x 700mm single with fins which by googling similar size equivalents I reckon provides circa 13,000btu?

The wife wants to replace both radiators and move them to either side of the door with vertical 1800mm high rads but these won't have any fins.

I have found panel radiators that can provide around 10,000btu but am concerned that without fins will they warm the room suitably. So now I've bored you to death (sorry!) here are my questions if you can help

Do my calculations look right?
Will panel radiators with no fins still provide heat as well as the current radiators?
Am I correct in thinking that I am better looking at steel over aluminium?
Am I correct in looking at a brand like Barlo (its the slieve we're looking at) over these online brands?

Is there anything else I need to consider, my concern is we go to the significant expence of buying these and having them replaced, to then be getting complaints / nagging! of a cold room.....

Appreciate any input you can give me. Thanks for reading.

Thanks Rob.

Appreciate any input you can give me.
I think you're probably worrying too much.

If I've understodd correctly, you've currently got 4 kW of heating capability available, you are proposing to replace it with 3kW and both you and your mechant have independently calculated that 1.6 kW is all that's needed.

If, in the coldest week of a cold year, you discover that 3kW isn't enough just use a small electric panel heater make up the difference.

Hi

Thank you for the replies I really appreciate the comments, but could you possibly provide any comment / replies on my questions please

Do my calculations look right?
Will panel radiators with no fins still provide heat as well as the current radiators?
Am I correct in thinking that I am better looking at steel over aluminium?
Am I correct in looking at a brand like Barlo (its the slieve we're looking at) over these online brands?

Thanks again.

Reply to Vertical Radiator Advice Needed Please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock