Search the forum,

Discuss vented woodburner system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of the boiler I have a separate CH loop on this boiler as it is a 4 tapping type. The boiler is on the ground floor
The gravity bit (the other 2 connectors) works perfectly but my CH loop which is on the first floor is causing a bit of a headache. Takes ages to get the flow pipe hot let alone the rads even though all pipes are hot on the boiler!!
Is it ok to run a pumped 22mm loop and drop the radiators to the rooms below and where is the best place to position the pump (currently on the return)

regardless of the boiler I have a separate CH loop on this boiler as it is a 4 tapping type. The boiler is on the ground floor
The gravity bit (the other 2 connectors) works perfectly but my CH loop which is on the first floor is causing a bit of a headache. Takes ages to get the flow pipe hot let alone the rads even though all pipes are hot on the boiler!!
Is it ok to run a pumped 22mm loop and drop the radiators to the rooms below and where is the best place to position the pump (currently on the return)

Who installed it?

Return is good providing your feed and vent is on the gravity side. Sounds like your pump is goosed or you have a blockage. Or am I misunderstanding the post?

thanks for the input. yes F and E is o the gravity. Working on the blockage bit at the moment i.e. turning off all radiators bar one then opening them in turn. (saw this on another thread) Had to drain the system down as I had a leaky joint. Now refilled and seems better on the flow side.
Must admit I did suspect the pump as couldnt hear any water flow through the rads.
will update when finished testing. Just needed clarification regards drop down rads, as the
Cottage has concrete floors and 3 foot stone walls !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vented woodburner system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock