Search the forum,

Discuss Veissman 101 boiler condensate. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Is it normal for the flue outlet to be dripping water onto the outside drive and window sill when its running, i say no as the condensate should run back into the internal drain.
Views much appreciated.

Darren has nailed it above , however if you go it the boiler with a very small spirit level you should be able to see the flue “fall “ back to the boiler .
Has it just been installed?

Darren has nailed it above , however if you go it the boiler with a very small spirit level you should be able to see the flue “fall “ back to the boiler .
Has it just been installed?
Yes, been in about two months, appart from that and a few other niggles its been excellent.
Have underfloor heating so its set up as a s system, had to disconnect manifold thermostat and pump on the floor manifold but that solved a couple of issues.
Good boilers.

Yes, been in about two months, appart from that and a few other niggles its been excellent.
Have underfloor heating so its set up as a s system, had to disconnect manifold thermostat and pump on the floor manifold but that solved a couple of issues.
Good boilers.
Just check if it “ falls” , if its level, or “ falling” the wrong way

And how hot is the floor getting? The mixing valve and pump is there for a reason.
The floor seems to be warming up as before, I agree with what you said, the pump and manifold thermostat are there for a reason and they are an integral part of the design, however the system would not work with them connected and the only solution was to disconnect both.
Before anyone says call back the installer he knows less about it tham me.

The floor seems to be warming up as before, I agree with what you said, the pump and manifold thermostat are there for a reason and they are an integral part of the design, however the system would not work with them connected and the only solution was to disconnect both.
Sounds like you need a new heating engineer then. Without the mixing valve you run the risk of damaging whatever floor covering you’ve got as the floor temperature could easily exceed what it’s meant to.
Also I imagine the UFH won’t be as efficient to run.

Sounds like it is not wired up correctly. You need someone who is experienced in controls and how to wire them up. We see it all the time with more complicated set ups not wired up correctly. We end up totally undoing the control centre wires. Then starting from scratch, belling every cable there is to find exactly where each cable goes and what it should be doing and where it should be connected to for each individual ancillary device.

Sounds like you need a new heating engineer then. Without the mixing valve you run the risk of damaging whatever floor covering you’ve got as the floor temperature could easily exceed what it’s meant to.
Also I imagine the UFH won’t be as efficient to run.
Your probably right, but I had a real problem finding this one and he assured me he was familiar with ufh systems and had installed a good few.
I think the real issue is that the ufh system was pe existing, installed by me, and had been working successfully for seven years or so and to be honest the two issues i had with it after the new boiler was installed was resolved by myself.
The ftemp is much the same as it was before so hopefully it shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Reply to Veissman 101 boiler condensate. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock