Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss vanity toilets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi most vanity toilets seem to come with a 2" to 11/2" flush pipe pulled a flush mechanism out of one last wk and fitted another make 2" flush valve to find the existing flush pipe 2" nut would not fit the new valve .ended up fitting an 11/2" fluidmaster with a red rubber and smaller flush pipe which effected the flush slightly. got one today a torbeck vairi flush which I replaced 3 months a go and its pasing into the pan - customer wants it out and a different make I don't want the same issues as last time what are others doing

I always try to get an new flush valve the same as the one I took out so I can just replace the head of it.

You taken the torbeck apart and checked the flush washer? I'm forever changing geberit washers as they blister like mad after a year or so and pass into the pan. Might be the same sort of thing.

I always try to get an new flush valve the same as the one I took out so I can just replace the head of it.

You taken the torbeck apart and checked the flush washer? I'm forever changing geberit washers as they blister like mad after a year or so and pass into the pan. Might be the same sort of thing.

The grey Geberit flush valve washers are like soft rubber & do blister, I also noticed.
But I see the new replacement washers for Geberit are now a semi clear silicone washer & probably last & last hopefully. :smile:

been to the torbec one today with new new flush syphon - fitted that and still passing - could not fit the base as that was 11/2 not 2" . fitted a fluidmaster with the reducing rubber and spacer washers as the cistern was thin plastic - come to fit the new 11/2 flush pipe to find the radius was to much and could not raise the cistern any.never want to do another if I do think I will quote for complete new cistern .also where can I get a 2" to11/2" flush pipe with tight radius

I think its a huge pain in the bum with all the different makes, models , widths, hieghts and flush pipes, i do what was said earlier i take a photo and get the exact replacment ( top half) so its simply a case of 1/4 turn and out it comes, ive also a load of spares of the washers that seat into the bottom of the flush valves but even with carrying loads of stock i still come accross loads that i just dont have , so i think theres simply too much choice with so many foriegn brands being introduced , Oh the good old days when we carried ballcock diaphragms and syphon plastic washers ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vanity toilets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock