Discuss Van done over, tools lifted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had my van done last night and all my corded and cordless power tools have gone
After talking to police and others, it seems there is a "master" type ford transit key available from amazon for around 25 quid which will open various models, including dead locks
4 or 5 transits got robbed in my area last night according to plod, all with no signs of break in/damage

Had my complete Milwaukee kit, Marcrist corer, 36v Hilti, multi tool (cheapo) and probably other stuff
Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk etc (I've made a few calls and had a couple of names back which, if involved, will be visited)
Will get my old Makita core drill refurbed, I've got an old milwaukee 28v for a bigger sds, so just need a good kit (drill, recip saw, torch, trim saw etc)
Can have the 6 piece Milwaukee fuel with 6 battery charger station, impact and drill/driver, torch, recip and trim saws and angle grinder for around £875/900 incl VAT
Looked at Makita, Dewalt and Hitachi and all look much of a muchness
Any exp of these?

Sorry to hear this mate, I had the same done to my transit connect earlier this year. I've since out extra locks on, you have to do it or they will target your van again soon.

sorry to hear that mate

Gutted for you, keep your new kit indoors.

I really really genuinely hope they overdose and die...

Had the same done in our town last week five vans done with ford master key not a mark on the van. I spoke to ford as have five of there vans nothing they can do, now having extra locks fitted !! Be thinking twice on next van buy. Sorry about your tool mate they are just scum in my eyes.

sorry to hear about your tools. Worth a look at your local car boot sale to see if anything turns up.

absolute scum, I truly hope they are tortured for days and then left to die alone. I hate thieves. I'm so sorry mate. I had my van done, luckily I caught them and all they got was my analyser.

Passed caring about the tools now, been done a couple of times before and it will eat away at you if you let it
Just had soc officer here dusting the van for prints, took some papers away that were moved but don't think they'll get much
Heard through the grapevine that 3 people/properties were raided this afternoon (confirmed by police, who also said there's another lined up for early tomorrow morn) so I may get something back, never know
Some of my Milwaukee stuff was up to be replaced due to age, also the Hilti, just didn't plan on just yet
I will update when I have any more info if anyone's interested, as 1 of the alleged gang of scroats handed himself in to police last week, his victim from 2 weeks ago made life very difficult for him and he felt safer inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van done over, tools lifted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm too lazy to list all the auction URLs so I will list the tools that are going to be on there by 7pm. To find them click this link to view all...
Replies
Views
Fuming, bloody van got broken into last night in the Premier Inn carpark in Tewkesbury! I came out this morning about 6:30 opened the...
Replies
Views
Just gone through my power tool kit today got quite a bit 1x 12v dewalt drill 1x 18v dewalt drill ( on last legs) 1 x 240v cheap drill 1x 110v...
Replies
Views
U
My van got broken into saturday night and all my tools and drills got stolen. I work for a firm but apparently i will receive £300 on J.I.B...
Replies
Views
D
Anybody else got a Makita 8391 I've had mine for about 4 years and the last year has been a right pain..... First up the motor needed replacing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock