Discuss Van: Diesel or Petrol? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodolphe

Hi everyone,

Newcomer in the business, I am about to sell my beloved motorbike to buy a van. Let's not talk about that.

For mostly city riding, I wonder if diesel really is the better solution. Any views out there?

R.

I think a petrol van is a rare breed?

I've got a diesel and thought you only get the advantage if you do loads of mileage.

Yes, petrol vans must be rare. Low mileage with a small van would probably mean petrol fine.
Bear in mind that, even though petrol engines are nowadays greatly improved, diesel engines are very high torque, so ideal for a bigger or fully loaded van. Diesel vans will have a larger amount of potential buyers when you try to sell it on later.

with the reversal in the price difference between deisel and petrol theres not much in it regarding running costs
most of the perol engine vans youll see around are mostly duel fuel with lpg especialy the bigger stuff
if your near the lez or cc zone then petrol duel fuel may even be better

lpg or bio way to go.
plenty of combo's out there depends what size van your after.
also, auto box more economical for city roads.
me?. l/r defender derv 24to the gallon.lol.

Do what my sparky does. Buy a large van and keep your bike inside it.

the way some customers bang on you will need nitrous or something better mate

30 years ago most vans were petrol and it was rare to see a diesel van, nowadays it's the opposite. assuming your looking to buy secondhand and not new, you'll have a much bigger selection of vans with diesel.

did not even know there was petrol vans . i would say diesel van or LPG if going in central London but even lpg is cheaper will cost you more to run your vehicle then diesel , plus lpg tanks are small and you have to fill up every 2-3 days i think is a nonsense .
love diesel and will probably change my van to electric when they come out and they are more affordable in the next 5-10 years till then is diesel time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van: Diesel or Petrol? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock