Discuss Valiant 837..... my gas metre is racing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foxyuk

hi guys i got a valiant 837 fitted last week all new pipework and radiators , At the moment the house has no carpets etc and i have it on in the morning ang night for an hour via a siemens wiresless remote.

i went in tonight and turned it on for 5 mins and watched the metre (last 3 digits) spin like a sprinter..... it actualy went up 1/2 a unit with that time

i have the new type metre and its dated 2009.... the house temperature was 12.5 and i turned it to 17.5 its a metric unit 1 metric unit is 11.05 kwh so in 5 mins used about 6kwh

where do i start because somethings not right????

can it be a fauly gas meter?
faulty boiler?

At present im staying at relations until the house is refurbed and my relations use 2 units a day gas and house is roasting ........

help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your boiler also has a hw preheat function (called warmstart). This keeps the heat exchanger warm at all times so even if the heating is off and no hot water is being run the boiler will light every now and then to keep this water up to temperature. If this is active there will be a C showing in the display just under the temperature display.

To deactivate this turn the HW temperature dial all the way down, the C should disappear then turn it up to about halfway.

Your boiler also has a hw preheat function (called warmstart). This keeps the heat exchanger warm at all times so even if the heating is off and no hot water is being run the boiler will light every now and then to keep this water up to temperature. If this is active there will be a C showing in the display just under the temperature display.

To deactivate this turn the HW temperature dial all the way down, the C should disappear then turn it up to about halfway.

thanks

will do that tomorrow im sure when i looked today the toggle wheel for the water and heating were both at the highest in addition the water im sure was 33 or 35 degrees showing in display i will adjust tomorrow

Where is the result of using Whole House Boiler Size Calculator which you said you would post two days ago?

The installer will probably say there is no need to turn the output down as the boiler is modulating. Do it yourself! The instructions are in the Installation Manual, para 5.11.

Seriously if I were you and wanted that job completed I would not touch one setting on that boiler until after the job was finished and signed off, at that stage it's yours to do as you wish with and any mistakes you make can be fixed by the many installers around your area.

I fully agree with your installer "Relax" you don't need to know every little detail that is why you employ a professional, at this stage you are not heating a house but a building site with different people coming and going some with their own heat requirements.

I know if I was your installer and came across this thread and recognised the job and client as one of mine you would be looking for another installer to finish the job, while they may not post it most others would do the same, also if called to complete a job that appears to have been professionally carried out then abandoned you would be paying around three times the normal rate.

Please for your own sake stand back a little and let the man do his job!

"I have noticed that my radiator in one of my rooms does not seem to be heating the room to the normal temperature. It always worked perfectly fine and heated the room lovely but now it is so cold I cannot sit in it. The rest of the house is fine, but I have noticed I am also using much more gas.......can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant 837..... my gas metre is racing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock