Discuss Vaillant VRT 340f room stat - error message in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I have a Vaillant VRT 340f wireless programmable room stat - the early version without the dial. I've just changed the batteries (2xAAA) - something I've done several times before - and now the display just shows 'Err'. I've tried leaving the batteries out for a few minutes and then reinstalling them, but to no avail. Does anyone have experience of these devices?

Normally a battery issue is a BATT error code.

Check that the base receiver has power and is operating.

Fit the remote with new quality (Duracell Plus type) batteries. Place the remote unit within a 2m clear line of sight of the base receiver.

If you still get the RF ERR code, you need to clear and rebind the units.

In my experience, they rarely fail, a rebind normally cures the issue.

Yes, it’s wireless. Working fine until the battery change. After the change the receiver on the boiler was showing a red light, but that cleared when I pressed the button and it now shows green as usual. Next I took the new batteries out of the room stat for a few minutes, but when I put them back I got the ‘Err’ message again.

Neil

Reestablishing the RF link between the units is set out in the owners manual.

The 340f is a little odd - the two batteries are not connected. One feeds the LCD. display and the other the RF transmitter.

Check to ensure that both batteries are inserted correctly, that there has been not leakage from the old batteries and that you have at least 1.5v across each set of terminals.

Don’t be misled into thinking that because the display is functioning, both batteries are installed correctly with enough power

Still no luck, so I called the Vaillant helpline today. The response was that there's no fix, and the unit will have to be replaced. Great. So now I'm on the lookout for a compatible unit; ideally one that will use the existing receiver but otherwise one that I can plug into the boiler connections. I've asked the question of Vaillant by web form, but if anyone knows what might work I'd love to hear from you. I imagine the later VRT 340f should work, but the only one on eBay is £350. There has to be a cheaper option!

Reply to Vaillant VRT 340f room stat - error message in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Agree
I would love some phrases or sentences from an expert to describe central heating boiler configurations with just feedback from TRVs (no room stat...
Replies
Views
D
Hello all! We recently had a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832 installed, along with a Vaillant VRT 350f controller! I use Auto mode, and set the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
My heating has developed a new and unwelcome quirk just recently, which is that it's sporadically failing to provide hot water. This is something...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock