Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant turbomax 837E Luke warm water not dhex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutty_jah

Gas Engineer
Help me please guys.

Diagnosed this boiler as blocked dhex, changed but still same problem.

Water runs like warm, boiler Temp shows 45 even though control on Max.

When demand is turned off, it jumps to 70 before pump switches off.

Tried reducing cold water pressure onto boiler, still holds Luke warm.

Thanks.

Bit more info.

Before dhex change, Dom water was cycle Luke warm / cold.

After new dhex, now constant Luke warm.

Pump is working, circulating CH three floors up without issue.

I think phex is not performing, now that dhex is passing through fine. Phex can't keep up with flow of water through it. The property has great pressure and flow. When refusing flow at taps, water runs hot on constant.

Just need back up confirmation from you guys, what do you think?

Diverter passing?

checked thermistors?

Is the board interpreting signal from thermistors correctly?

Last edited:
Hi harrygashull,

Checked diverter, not passing.

Didn't check thermistor, but Burner flame went high to low with temp control setting.

My bet would be a faulty thermistor, they go out of range often enough and tend to still modulate up and down even if not sensing the 100% correct temporature..

The chances of it being the P2P after you just changed it for a new one are very low, any reason for not just descaling it?

Is there a bypass built into the boiler and if so it could be bypassing the heat ex?

Hi guys, just to bring this to a close. It was the flow sensor turbine, where the impeller had sheared off the spindle! You live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant turbomax 837E Luke warm water not dhex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock