Discuss vaillant s53 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Has anyone come across this s53 fault with the vaillant. had a couple now and the tech guy vitually admitted it was a design fault with heat exchanger.....

anyway I normally only fit worcestor bosch (but expensive) or vaillants but have my doubts now about the vaillant.

what would you recommend instead of vaillant

cheers

S53 is usually down to circulation or lack thereof. The boiler goes into low fire and waits until there is a permissible difference between flow and return. Its not an actual fault of the boiler. The S part is a status code. I've had this on a badly designed (& fitted) system before and apparently it was quite common on a 428 ecotec plus as they came out the factory set at a 30kW output. I usually adjusted the heat output to the correct setting for the house in question, made sure the circuit is balanced properly and that the pump was up to the job.

Instead of a Vaillant?.. I usually find Vaillants ok once you get your head around how to install them. I've heard good things about ATAG but never fitted one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant s53 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock