Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant Ectotech Pro 24 F22 Error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Miller

Hi everyone.

My four year old Vaillant ecotech pro 24 has an F22 error.

I've watched a few youtube videos that tell me to turn two plastic grey valves but my boiler doesn't have them, just five pipes with screws. The attached picture shows a map of the underside so I'm able to deduce which is which from left to right if only I knew which ones to turn. Could someone here advise me?

Thanks,

Scott.

Attachments

• 20150905_115501.jpg
    20150905_115501.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
f22 means your pressure in your heating is low take a pic of the boiler plz (with pipes below)

Make sure your pressure gauge Is at 1bar when hearings off. You must have a silver flexible braided hose with valves on them when u open them it pumps up the pressure . Sometimes the hose can be disconnected so u might need to attach it. Sometimes the cold and return attached to boiler have a fill loop but not this one.

Take a picture of the pipes to the right.

sm5.jpg

Uploader seems to rotate the picture upside down.

Attachments

• sm5.jpg
    sm5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Not under the boiler, the pipes that go off to the right

Top right of the boiler is the filling loop, doesn't look like it's got any handles on, you might need a flat screwdriver to turn it on. It's the silver braided hose.

It doesn't look like it's got a check valve on either, so you should really get it changed.

open the right one first (closest to the boiler) and then the left open slightly and watch the pressure gage your aiming for 1-1.2 bar

Both, (quarter turn each) watch the gauge at the bottom right of the boiler, the needle needs to go halfway in to the grey, no more.

And you definitely haven't got a check valve on, so you should get that changed or your water supply could get contaminated.

I did get it working again but the needle didn't move and I got nervous when water started leaking out of the braided hose so I turned them back. I'll have a another go tomorrow to get a more stable pressure.

I'll also look into getting a check valve.

Thanks to those for posting advice.

Scott

I did get it working again but the needle didn't move and I got nervous when water started leaking out of the braided hose so I turned them back. I'll have a another go tomorrow to get a more stable pressure.

I'll also look into getting a check valve.

Thanks to those for posting advice.

Scott

and looks like it could do with a service and new pressure gage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ectotech Pro 24 F22 Error in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock