Discuss Vaillant Ecotech time clock & thermostat queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joestiff

Hello all

the house we have purchased has a 5 year old Vaillant Ecotech in it. However the time clock is running slow. Losing about 3 hours a day. I have seen these are easy to replace and you just pop them out the front. However, I have also read you can replace with the 120 or 140 time clock (rather than the current 130 it has) to enable me to programme days as well. Is this true?

secondly, there is no thermostat anywhere in the house, only radiator thermostats on each radiator. Now it is only a small 2 bed house. Will this be a problem. I am used to wireless or wired thermostats in previous houses! Worth putting one in? Easy job?

any help/advice would be grand.

Thanks

Joe.

Get boiler checked for safety , serviced and a stat fitted by a gas safe engineer. U don't know who fitted it or if they did a good job!

Get boiler checked for safety , serviced and a stat fitted by a gas safe engineer. U don't know who fitted it or if they did a good job!

I have been looking at Salus wireless receiver with a wireless room stat. Seems to answer all my problems. Anyone used these together?

my boiler is an Ecotech plus 824.

My my understanding as these are simply a pull out and replace module. Don't even need to take the front off. Then I will look at it being checked out. But I refuse to pay a gsf money to basically plug something in!

Didn't think they plugged in! Your paying for an annual service and to check all is ok. The stat would probably just get absorbed into the works.

They do, and after more research they are meant to be pants!

However, Vaillant do one for this boiler, the VRT350F, not much more than the Salus. So may go down this route.

As i am sure it must be better to have a room stat, as it is hard to set the room temperature!!

They do, and after more research they are meant to be pants!

However, Vaillant do one for this boiler, the VRT350F, not much more than the Salus. So may go down this route.

For what its worth, our in-warranty return rate is almost exactly the same for the Salus VBC product and the Vaillant VRT product.

In-warranty returns are lower on both the Drayton and Honeywell products mentioned higher up the thread. It isn't a big difference - you would need to use hundreds to detect it statistically. And that's just our experience of course.

For what its worth, our in-warranty return rate is almost exactly the same for the Salus VBC product and the Vaillant VRT product.

In-warranty returns are lower on both the Drayton and Honeywell products mentioned higher up the thread. It isn't a big difference - you would need to use hundreds to detect it statistically. And that's just our experience of course.

Thanks Ray

So would you lean more to the Vaillant than the Salus, very little difference in price for us non trade people! be looking at £95 for Salus with top spec stat and £120 for Vaillant.

Almost excited about having a room stat. it is beyond annoying trying to regulate the temperature in the lounge!

Thanks for all your help guys, all input is great!

Thanks Ray

So would you lean more to the Vaillant than the Salus, very little difference in price for us non trade people! be looking at £95 for Salus with top spec stat and £120 for Vaillant.

Almost excited about having a room stat. it is beyond annoying trying to regulate the temperature in the lounge!

Thanks for all your help guys, all input is great!

They all work the vast majority of the time. In a single instance, your chances of getting a duff one are tiny with any make, unless you live in an area with heavy RF interference, in which case any make may have problems.

Since we have a commercial relationship with Honeywell, Drayton, Salus and Vaillant, and this is a public forum, I am not going any further than that! :)

However, if you do go for the Salus option, you need the VBC (Vaillant boiler control) at the end of the product code, not the basic RT models. Be careful, because there is also a WBC model (for Worcester boilers).

They all work the vast majority of the time. In a single instance, your chances of getting a duff one are tiny with any make, unless you live in an area with heavy RF interference, in which case any make may have problems.

Since we have a commercial relationship with Honeywell, Drayton, Salus and Vaillant, and this is a public forum, I am not going any further than that! :)

However, if you do go for the Salus option, you need the VBC (Vaillant boiler control) at the end of the product code, not the basic RT models. Be careful, because there is also a WBC model (for Worcester boilers).

Thanks again Ray

Think I will stick to Vaillant one, that way all the names match and when someone comes and services it finally and looks at my F.75 fault that pops up now and then, at least its not miss matched.

Thanks again

Yeah it will, and afraid it's something only a gsr can deal with. It is pressure related as you've discovered but not necessarily indicatative of pressure loss.

It could be one of a couple of things, one of them being dirty heating water.

Yeah it will, and afraid it's something only a gsr can deal with. It is pressure related as you've discovered but not necessarily indicatative of pressure loss.

It could be one of a couple of things, one of them being dirty heating water.

So you would recommend flushing the system then?

Anything behind the metal panel I would not touch, unless it was to change the PCB or wire it in. If gas goes near it then it terrifies me.

But being how simple it is to change to 130 time clock, i will do that myself! just looking for best price now for a Vaillant VRT350f

Thanks again guys, you've been a lot of help to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotech time clock & thermostat queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock