Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant ecotec pro 28 - water temp not hot enough in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, basically I have had the boiler for 5 years and its never been serviced but never had any problems and the rads water is very clean, when we first got the boiler the hot water temp was set at 55oc and the the shower and tap water was scorching hot but gradually the temp of water has got colder and even with the water temp turned up to 65oc the water out the taps and shower is just about hot enough, i measured the water temp and both the shower and taps were 39oc, I know the plate heat exchanger is not blocked as I had it off and cleaned it even though it was very clean anyway and also fitted a new pressure sensor, the display shows the temp getting up to 65oc but its just not coming out that hot, any ideas what it could be? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Unfortunately on that boiler, taking the cover off is breaking into a 'gas way' and so we (qualified gas engineers) can't give you advice on this.
On other boilers the compartments are separated so its more possible.

Just get out your bucket and 1 litre jug and hold the bucket under the shower/tap for exactly 1 minute and measure it with the jug. Assuming 28kw output and 6C mains temp then the flowrate should be 12.2 LPM at 39C, that will narrow down the problem once you measure that flowrate and temperature.

Just get out your bucket and 1 litre jug and hold the bucket under the shower/tap for exactly 1 minute and measure it with the jug. Assuming 28kw output and 6C mains temp then the flowrate should be 12.2 LPM at 39C, that will narrow down the problem once you measure that flowrate and temperature.
Hi john thanks for your reply, so i ran the hot water for 1 minute and got 4.6 litres and the temp was 38.7oc this was just about the same for both the tap and the shower?

Hi john thanks for your reply, so i ran the hot water for 1 minute and got 4.6 litres and the temp was 38.7oc this was just about the same for both the tap and the shower?
also something else i noticed is on other eco teec pro boilers ive seen there is a temperature thermostat on the hot water pipe and i looked at my boiler as i thought it could be to do with that and I dont have one on that pipe, should i have? is it located somewhere else? I have added a pic. cheers.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20210302_101339_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20210302_101339_LI.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 11
If the DHW temp is settable then would think that the HW outlet would have a sensor but its possibly derived from the boiler flow/return temps and other parameters from the boiler, but if set to 65C then the boiler water flow temperature must be = or > 65C as well.
Your measurements show a boiler output of 10.5 kw, if the temp was 65C then the boiler output should be 18.9 kw at 4.6LPM.
Irrespective of the temperature why is the shower only flowing 4.6 LPM?, if you turn the setting to fully cold (with boiler DHW temp set to minimum) is the flow rate still only 4.6 LPM., if it doesn't increase then suggests some restriction in the boiler ( but should still give 65C temperature)

The only thing you can check is from the menu, most boilers can have the boiler range rated on CH but this shouldn't affect the boiler output on DHW.

Closed due to op and diy gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant ecotec pro 28 - water temp not hot enough in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock