Discuss Vaillant EcoTEC PRO 24 Boiler - preasure top up help please :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tizz

Hey, I was recomended this forum due to the knowledge of everyone here.

I've just got back to my flat to find my preasure is reading 0, and the boiler is making a weird noise when active (sounds like air bubbles or water shortage etc) I figure I need to top the preasure up as i know it should be around the 1.2/1.5 Bar threashold.

However the boiler is really un-user friendly, as is the manual. No nice turning taps etc. Attached is a picture of the pipes, I guess i have to turn a couple of screws to allow the flow of water to topup the boiler, but I would like someone who knows their stuff to give the thumbs up before i go ahead.

boiler_01.jpg boiler_02.jpg boiler_03.jpg

Any help would be great, as the boiler has just been serviced but the preasure was never toped up (I rent, and have never had to do anything with a boiler before :( )

Thanks a lot for your time!

use a screw driver to turn the one on the left in line with the pipe and the crazy one is also a "tap" and that is missing the tap handle and needs to be opened as well. leave the right hand lower screw alone, use the left hand valve to control the flow incase you break the right hand one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Open up the valves under the boiler. Flat screwdriver turn inline with the valve and you will hear the water pressurising the heating. Stop at about 1.2

LamePlumber - Perfect! Thank you so much for your quick reply. I thought the bottom right screw was a little tight. Top one turned anticlock wise and the left was the water flow as you said, phew, all done in under a minuete! Now I can stick the heating back on haha.

happy to help, now keep an eye on the cold pressure to see its not dropping off due to a boiler fault, if it is youll have to get a gsr in as thats as far as the help goes on here.

too cheap and I'll be breaking your fingers soon for that little number:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTEC PRO 24 Boiler - preasure top up help please :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Pro MK 1 combined gas heater does not keep temperature when using shower or basin tap. Boiler heats up to 65C, then a few seconds...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
A
Hello all, Im wondering if you can help? Ive got a Vaillant Ecotech Pro 28 which was installed 9 years back and has worked like a dream all its...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock