Discuss Vaillant EcoTec - 10mm pipework to radiators? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, just about to bite the bulklet on a new boiler and radiators, Vaillant EcoTec Plus 32kW.

Is 10mm pipework to the radiators sufficient?

Thanks

Existing system ?

Hi Shaun, the existing system is 15mm i think, but its ALL being renewed. Boiler, pipes, rads.

Then no 15mm copper would be best especially with part L of efficiency being law now where you have to design systems to be effective have they done a heat loss ?

Hi Shaun, the existing system is 15mm i think, but its ALL being renewed. Boiler, pipes, rads.
Depending on number of rads, 15mm copper (13.6mm ID) is fairly restrictive (compared to 22mm) requiring greater pump head/energy if you are referring to the main flow/returrn piping.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec - 10mm pipework to radiators? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock