Discuss Vaillant ecomax 622/22e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uniquewater

Hi, My customer has a vaillant ecomax 622/2e boiler. Since doing a powerflush 2 weeks ago the boiler has recently been making knocking noises and not heating radiators.
the pressure is 1.2, no air in the system or pump. When boiler is first started it fires up heating up to 65 /70 degrees then starts to modulate down until not burning at all. Flow pipe about 1 metre away from boiler gets hot return stays cold. could this be a pump issue? The boiler is not showing any fault codes. Someone had mentioned the black flexi hose can cause problems. I'm going to strip it down Monday but wondered if it was something simple that I have missed. Help / ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Lee
gsr 555497

You need to join the gas safe bit for advise on appliances. Message one if the mods

As above, join the gas safe private forum for gas talk.
If return is staying cold then more likely a blockage somewhere than pump, imho.
Had this many times and didnt get any fault codes showing.

Did you power flush through the boiler ?

Yeah flushed through boiler. The strange thing is that I had
heat all around the system a lot quicker than it was before
hand. Customer was saying the radiators were performing a lot better rather than the cold spots.
I will strip down pump tomorrow and check for any blockages.

thanks

Flushing through boiler ! DOH!

I have flushed so many systems through the boilers as this is where half the trouble lies never had this issue before. First vaillant 622 though! Isolated the boiler valves underneath when changing a part on the same boiler , ended up replacing the valves due to them leaking! Got a feeling I'll be changing the temp sensors then although the boiler isn't faulting! Will find out tomorrow and let you all know.
I always cover myself in the estimates so the customer is prepared for something like this.
I had one the other month, 30 year old micro bore open vented with original boiler. The pipes were so thick the actual bore of the 22mm pipework was 5mm. There was bad circulation problems 1 rad out of 10 was ok and that was a towel rail. I got the system working a treat after 2 days of flushing, flushed through boiler, no problems. 4 days later boiler wouldn't fire up, thermocouple had gone!! How can this be related to a flush.? ! Plumbing is a head scratcher always learning!

What am I.jpgWhy flushing through them is not such a good idea !

Thermocouple probably cooked ages ago, as boiler sludged up heat reflected at tc, when clean heat getting away so tc cools? Never flush modern hex....unless it's just the hex u flushing .

Just thought I'd let you know how I got on with the vaillant 622/2e circulatio/ rapid increase in temperature. It was in fact the expansion vessel. The charge was zero and when pumped up using foot pump the air was coming out of auto air vent on pump.i removed from system, and just to double check started pumping again and air was coming through inlet of expansion vessel. Split diaphragm. Replaced vessel.
Removed pump head to ensure no blockages, all clear water very clean.
Recharged system bleed air through top part of heat exchanger via test nipple to ensure no air trapped above pump. Turned boiler on. Boiler stayed at a constant temp of 55 flow and return pipes warmed up nicely. Heat everywhere again.
Put boiler in P1 mode to ensure correct temp diff across flow and return. I was getting 18 degrees so was happy with that.
thanks for posts guys on this one , I'm sure I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecomax 622/22e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I wonder if can someone offer any solution... I have a Vaillant ecoMax 828/ 2E boiler which is leaking. To start the repair do I need to...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back