Discuss Vaillant boiler heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flickster

Hi everyone,My boiler has just been diagnosed with a faulty heat exchanger(scaled up).I could easily take this piece of kit off and try and descale it,but I cannot turn the main water supply stopcock off,it has siezed in the open position.I have tried nearly everything short of shearing the handle and shaft to shut it.I live in a block off flats,therefore cannot locate or turn the main building water supply.As it is getting near winter could do with some hot water.Any suggestions would be gratefully received.Cheers flickster

Well you should have mains isolation on boiler
But forgetting boiler problem ,you need to be able to turn the water off to your flat for any other problems with outlets and pipework ,other wise if you have a leak you could flood someone below
Contact your block management,explain your mains stopcock requires replacing and go from there ,they will arrange for block mains to be shut down while your stopcock replaced,they will probably insist works carried out by a plumber though

hope your gassafe reg ,if messing inside the boiler,especaily if in flats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant boiler heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock